Sunday 26 February 2012

New York City

New York is one place I have always wanted to visit, I finally had the opportunity a couple of weeks ago and the city went completely beyond my expectations. My trip was primarily for the Fall 2012 New York Fashion Week but it turned into a great adventure inside and outside of fashion week. I had finally made it to the last of the big 4 fashion weeks after previously shooting London, Milan and Paris. Not only that but this was my first time out of Europe making the trip even more exciting. Prior to my trip I decided there was only one logical place in NYC to visit first: The Empire State Building.








One of my photography ambitions has been to shoot cityscapes from the top of the Empire State Building. I spent more than an hour shooting from the observation tower using a Canon 28 - 300mm L telephoto lens. These shots were taken at around 8am Wednesday February 8th 2012, this was the day before NYFW and the only day I had for travel photography. 

I was happy with the shots I took and they were exactly what I needed to use for the new 'Travel Gallery' section of my new website. During my next visit to NYC I'm planning a nigh time cityscape of Manhattan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment